Well you've probably guessed by now, I'm not exactly a Cordon Bleu chef (and I certainly don't create dishes myself). But I hope these recipes are useful, cheap and more importantly, delicious.
Ainsley Harriott's Sausage, Tomato and Butter Bean Bake
- 6-8 pork sausages
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can butter beans, drained (original recipe uses 2 cans)
- Salt + pepper, 4 tablespoons olive oil
1) Preheat the oven to 180c. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan, add the sausages and cook for 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
2) Heat the remaining olive oil and fry the onion and sage in a pan for around 10 minutes, until the onion is softened.
3) Add the tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
4) Transfer the tomato mixture to an oven dish and stir in the butter beans, then bury the sausages into the mixture. Roast for 15-20 minutes until the butter beans are bubbling and the sausages are cooked through.
|Illustration by Haley Austin|