Via Red Online
This is so easy, and guaranteed to impress.
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp dark soft brown sugar
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp chilli flakes or chilli paste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken legs
- 4 large red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C /400°F/ gas mark 6. Put all the marinade ingredients in a big sandwich bag, add the chicken and the onion wedges. Shake around so all the ingredients get well coated in the marinade.
- When you are ready to cook, put the chicken legs into a roasting dish with the marinade, onions and the tomatoes. Cook in the oven for 15–20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. The tomatoes should burst and the onions will go crispy around the edges. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in the microwave at 800W for eight minutes – you can pop them in the oven with the chicken when they are done to crisp up the skins.