Via Jamie Oliver's 'Ministry of Food'
- 10 slices smoked streaky bacon or pancetta
- Small bunch of mint, chopped
- 150g parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 400g dried mini shell pasta
- Olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 300g frozen peas
- 2 heaped dessertspoons creme fraiche
- 1 lemon
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the mini shells and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Get a large frying pan over a medium heat and add a good lug of olive oil and the butter. Add the bacon to the pan, sprinkle a little pepper over and fry until golden and crisp.
- Add your frozen peas and shake. After a minute, add the creme fraiche and chopped mint to the bacon and peas.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the frying pan. Halve the lemon and squeeze the juice over the pasta. When it's bubbling, remove from the heat. If the sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved cooking water. Add the grated parmesan.