I love to cook tapas-style meals in the summer. These flavours go so well together - serve as a side or a whole meal.
Via BBC Good Food
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Half teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cruched dried chillies
- Half teaspoon dried oregano
- 100g diced chorizo
- 200g drained butter beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 250g small squid tubes
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Heat 1tbsp of the oil in a medium sauce pan then add the onion and cook for 4-5 mins, until tender.
- Add the garlic, cumin, chillies and oregano then cook for another minute. Add the chorizo and cook until lightly browned and the onions have started to caramelized.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and drained butter beans then simmer for 20 mins or until it has thickened. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the squid into 1cm thick rings. Pat it dry on kitchen paper towels. Add some salt and pepper (I add some oregano) to the flour then coat each piece of squid in the seasoned flour.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a large frying pan and when it's smoking hot add the squid. Cook the squid for 2-3 mins until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve the fried squid on top of the butter bean and chorizo sauce.