|Rose Bakery cookbook|
(Enough to make 3 x 28xm tart crusts)
- 500g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1 egg yolk
- 250ml cold water
- Process the flour, salt and butter for about 5-8 seconds, then put the mixture in a bowl.
- Now make a well in the middle of the flour and butter mixture and add the egg yolk and half the water. Stir with a fork, adding more if necessary.
- When the fork can't go anymore, use your hands to bring the dough together.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Take it out and divide into 3 pieces.
- Roll out one of the pieces on a floured surface. When it is around 4mm thick, line a tart tin. Repeat with remaining pieces of dough. Chill again for 30 minutes.
- Bake the tart cases for about 25-30 minutes until golden.
- 500ml single cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Beat all ingredients together in a bowl until they are mixed well.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400g mushroom, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 200g grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 handful chopped chives
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms with the garlic and salt and pepper till all the liquid has gone.
- Scatter the cheese over the base of the tart cases. Place the mushrooms on this and pour as much the cream mixture into each one as you can.
- Sprinkle with chives and transfer into the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the filling has set and is golden.
|Mushroom and herb tartlets - first attempt!|