- 900ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 dried chillies
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- Pinh of saffron
- Half tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp paprika
- 325g arborio rice
- 115g peas
- 115g baby broad beans
- 1 large courgette, chopped into small cubes
- 12 pitted olives
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Heat the stock and water in a pan to boiling.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and cook the onion, garlic, bay leaves, thyme and chillies for 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in the red pepper, saffron, turmeric, paprika and rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and water, bring to the boil, the reduce heat and cook for roughly 18 minutes, until the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the peas, broad beans, courgettes abd olives, cover with a lid, turn off the heat and leave for 5 minutes.
- Season, give a good stir, then sprinkle with the chopped parsley.