Since being engaged myself, I'm now on the lookout for any bargain bridal treats. Without giving anything away on my own dress, I've been scouring the internet for bridesmaid and wedding dress inspiration and found that there really are some great alternatives on the High Street - and for once, you won't have to worry about anyone wearing the same dress (I hope!):
1) J Crew. Of course, I love J Crew...but it still surprises me how few people know about their Bridal section. They have a really reasonable flat-rate shipping to the UK and dresses costs roughly £600 upwards. I'm most probably going to get my bridesmaid dresses from here. I wore a J Crew dress to my sister's wedding (it was cream - but if Pippa Middleton can do it, so can I!)
|My sister in Vera Wang, myself in J Crew and the bridesmaids in Ted Baker grey dresses|
|Visit the J Crew Wedding Shop|
2) The Outnet. So it's a risk, but if you've got time there are some fabulous gems on here - my sister bought THE most beautiful Marchesa dress from here to wear to a wedding once - it's great for brides and for guests!
|Chiffon dress, £152.50, Alice + Olivia at The Outnet|
|Nina dress, £229, Monsoon|
|Gabriella dress, from £40, Monsoon|
4) By Malene Birger. These aren't traditional 'wedding' dresses, just gorgeous dresses which will make you feel special on your day, with a bit more of a fashion twist:
|Livisa embellished dress, £499, By Malene Birger|
5) Phase Eight. For a bit of a vintage twist, Phase Eight has some beautiful detailed dresses, such as this Evelyn dress:
|Evelyn dress, £750, Phase Eight|
6) BHS. I wouldn't personally recommend it for Bridal dresses, but for flower girls? They seem to have gone all J Crew on us...
|Dresses from £32, BHS|
Saving here means you can spend a bit more money on the important things...
|Your something blue, £355, Gianvito Rossi at Matches|
|Earrings, £55, Lulu Frost for Whistles|
|Why not do leopard on your big day? Clutch, £95, Stella McCartney at Matches|
|Hair grips, £6, Johnny Loves Rosie|
|Hello pretties! Louboutins available from Browns Bride|
|'It's a wrap' crystal hairclip, Chelsea de Luca|
And for something that little bit different...what would I give to wear this down the aisle?! Simply stunning:
|Osman A/W 13 show (style.com)|