- 50g shelled walnut
- 25g flat-leaf parsley (plus extra to garnish)
- 50g grated pecorino cheese (grana padano or parmesan works too) - plus extra to garnish
- 350g spaghetti
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- seasalt, pepper and 120ml extra virgin olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Roast the walnuts on a baking tray for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
2) Put the parsley in a blender with 1 teaspoon of salt and the garlic and blend until minced. Add the walnuts and the cheese and blitz again. Then add the oil until the pesto is thick and emulsified. Seasn to taste.