Last year, I visited the White Isle for the first time. And now I've got the bug...so I'm taking my husband next month - he has no idea what to expect. We're going to attempt to do laid-back, chic (affordable?!) Ibiza, not the San Antonio 'Kevin and Perry' verson...the way I always describe my dream trip to friends is 'like Jade Jagger's Ibiza'.
So when I was offered to interview Jade herself (another career highlight and possibly the most nerve-wrecking things I've done - although it was fine, and she was lovely), I knew exactly what I wanted to ask her...
|Jade Jagger in one of her kaftans, designed exclusively for Thomson Sensatori Resorts|
In 3 words, what does Ibiza mean to you?
Family, sunshine, childhood.
What is your favourite Spanish dish?
Octopus Gallegas, freshly caught.
What could you not live without in your hand luggage?
I always carry a shawl or a blanket, it's so versatile as a dress or a cover-up for travelling.
If you could recommend 5 must-see places in Ibiza (to see, do, eat), what would they be?
1. Aguas Blancas - for the seaside there.
2. Cafe Macau - for its laid-back ambience.
3. Dalt Villa - in the old town, it's steeped in history, with local leather and dress shops.
4. Las Dos Lunas - on the road to Amnesia, old restaurant with great Italian food.
5. Valley of Santa Ines - Outside of the summer, take a long walk through here, when the almond blossom is out.
I've definitely earmarked these places for our trip late July - stay tuned for more 'Ibiza Insiders' coming soon.
And if you subscribe to my blog, you can now get my shiny new newsletter where I will be offering monthly discounts, special offers and exclusive content - this month you can win one of Jade Jagger's kaftans designed for the Thomson Sensatori Resort, Ibiza - good luck!