|Gold reindeer stickers: £3.88, Seasprout. Silver ribbon, £2, Molly's Haberdashery. Candle: £16, Ville de Fleurs. All available at Etsy|
But sometimes you just need to go into a store...online can be a bit bewildering if you don't know what you're looking for, especially with a huge marketplace like Etsy - you want someone to go in and do the edit for you and get a 'feel' for the store (myself and a friend talked about Etsy having a nice 'aura' the other day, we're possibly a bit sad but I think you know what I mean).
|Illustrated for The Frugality by Ella Sadika|
SO...the wonderful people from Etsy are organising pop-up stores across the UK with items made from local designers all in one place. They will be popping up in Brighton, Bristol, Cardiff and Cambridge to name a few - see the website here to find your local market.
The London one will be in The Vinyl Factory in Soho, 51 Poland Street with free entry, guests will have the chance to get gifts personalised, learn how to wrap like a pro, enjoy coffee and snacks and...? There will be an area curated by myself - and I will be there to say hello between 12pm-2pm on Saturday 5th December. So come, say hi and we can geek out over wrapping, stationery and these plates which I have started collecting...
|Plate, £24.98, JimBobArt at Etsy|
And if you can't make it down, I thought I'd do a little Christmas edit anyway...
1. Octopus print, £16.54, Dotty Dictionary at Etsy
2. Personalised ceramic bauble, £7.50, Darwin & Gray at Etsy
3. Pom pom cushion cover, £26, Holly and Evie at Etsy
4. Soy candle, £15, Ville de Fleurs at Etsy
5. Animal gift tags, £3, Florrie and Boo at Etsy
6. Letter cushions, £6.50, Darwin & Gray at Etsy
7. Gold spot washi tape, £2, Unwrap Colour at Etsy
8. Personalised storage bags, £14.50, Spudy & Co at Etsy
9. Selection of 'tea' soaps, £12, London Fields Soap at Etsy
Oh and the fun doesn't stop there...in the spirit of Christmas, Etsy are giving away £250 gift card to a Frugality reader (to spend online) - and the winner is Rachel. There will also be a chance to 'win my wall' (my selection of curated edits) at the Etsy event! Phew...that was a lot to take in there but hopefully see you on the 5th (no need to RSVP, just come along if you fancy).