|Lace dress: £55, Topshop|
Embellished Mary-Janes: £129, Boden
Although I'm not always one to wear a dress to an event, I do love shopping for dresses - and one thing is for sure, it has to have a few added elements for me to part with my cash. I bring you 'dresses with benefits', and by this I mean sleeves (to hide my untoned upper arms) and pockets (so I look nonchalant and cool - this is hypothetical, of course). And preferably both. This Topshop one gives great sleeve and I'm looking forward to wearing it (with tights as it is quite short!) in the lead up to Christmas, the 60s style also lends itself well to wearing it with flats.
|Bell sleeve lace dress: £55, Topshop|
I'm probably a bit late for a few of you for a partywear round-up (and I'm aware I haven't even really started an extensive giftguide - it's coming, I promise), but hopefully there is something here to inspire you for the party season. My theory is, if in doubt, dress down - you'll get far more wear out of a dress that isn't just for the party season. And you can always mix it up with some show-stopping accessories.
1. This Isabel Marant-esque dress will work well with thick tights and boots, not just your metallic courts. Chiffon dress, £39.99, H&M
2. I can't believe I haven't spotted this dress before, love this shot of crimson - wear with black accessories. Chiffon ruffle dress, £199, Karen Millen
3. It's a dead ringer for the polks dot sold out one from last summer, and it's reduced. Chiffon dress, reduced to £34.65 (and lots of sizes left!), Twiggy for Marks & Spencer
4. I'm still not over this brand, every dress is just perfect. Lace paneled crepe dress, £245, Self Portrait
5. I first saw this brand in Fenwick and it's my new Self Portrait - beautiful intricate dresses and separates at a reasonable price. Sequin embellished tulle gown, £250, Needle & Thread
I'm also considering this...because, well, you know, Christmas (and there's something a bit Michelle Pfeiffer about it which I'm all over):
|Glittery jumpsuit, £39.99, H&M|
|Embellished Mary-Janes: £129, Boden|
And for the extras?
1. Gold-plated bangle, £19, Z for Accessorize
2. Lipstick in 'Coachella Coral', £23, Charlotte Tilbury
3. Compact powder blusher, £26, Delilah
4. Sequin chain strap bag, £32, Asos
5. Tassel heels, £35 in the sale, River Island
6. Faux fur stole, £32, Topshop